10万

帖子

30万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-8-4 20:52:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  The lost horse
  Once upon a time ,there was a peddler who traveled with a one-eyed horse . One morning when he woke up, the horse had disappeared! The peddler searched high and low, but he could not find his horse anywhere.
  As he searched, the peddler met a young man .
  “Young man, I ve lost my horse. Have you seen one nearby ?”
  “ Oh, the horse that has a blind right eye? ”
  “ Yes, yes. ”
  “Does it have rice in one saddlebag, and honey in the other? ”
  “Yes, yes! That is my horse! Tell me where it is young man. ”
  The peddler was so happy, he hugged the young man.
  “I don not know where it is . I only know it went in that direction. I have not seen your horse.”
  “What?”
  The peddler could not believe the young man. How could he know his horse so well, if he had not seen it?
  “Young man, tell me where my horse is. I will give you a reward, I promise!”
  “I really do not know.”
  The young man insisted that he did not know where the peddler’s horse was.
  The peddler became angry. He thought the young man had stolen his horse, so he took him to a judge.
  After the peddler explained everything, the judge said, “Young man, it’s clear that you’ve stolen the peddler’s horse. Qhere is it? Tell us the truth!”
  “Sir, I only know there the horse passed. I don’t know where it is. I’mtelling the truth.”
  The judge asked, “Then how do you know so much about the horse?”
  “Sir, as I was passing through the fields, I saw that only the grass on the left side of the road had been eaten, so the horse must have had a blind right eye.”
  “Then how did you know it was lame?”
  “Sir, I saw the horse’s hoofprints. I could see it was dragging its left foot.”
  “Hmm. Then how did you know it was carrying rice and honey?”
  “There were birds on one side of the road, pecking at fallen grains of nice, sir. And there were flies around the other side of the road, buzzing over drops of honey.”
  The young man truthfully answerec the judge’s questions.
  The judge and peddler now understood how the young man knew about the horse.
  “Young man, I believe you really did not see the horse. You are free to go.”
  After the judge told the young man he could leave, he looked for the peddler, but he was gone Where had he gone? Why, to find his horse, of course.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 06:42 , Processed in 0.071241 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.